How to Make the Perfect Smoothie Video
There’s an art to making the perfect smoothie. It only takes a few minutes to learn all the right moves! The secret lies in the order in which you add each ingredient. Because store-bought smoothies cost a fortune, save money by preparing this recipe at home.
You don’t need a fancy mega-mix blender to get the party started. Just dust off the blender you got at your wedding and give it a go. Once you learn how easy it is to get perfect, consistent results, you’ll opt for the homemade smoothie every time. Your smoothies will taste the same as those expensive restaurants!
Perfect Smoothie Recipe
Learn all the essential techniques to achieve the perfect smoothie. It comes down to how you layer the ingredients—watch the video and see!
Yield: 2 smoothies
- 1 cup liquid
- 1 cup fruit, fresh
- 1 cup fruit, frozen
- 1 scoop protein powder, vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- zest of 1/2 a lime
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 pinch of salt, optional
- 1 - 2 cups ice
- Add ample liquid to the blender first.
- Add firmer ingredients next (fresh and frozen fruit), followed by softer ingredients (protein powder and yogurt).
- Add the ice last.
- Pulse the blender in the beginning to break down firmer ingredients then blend until smooth. Stick a straw in it and enjoy!
Smoothies are so versatile! Experiment with ingredients to find your winning combination.
Calories: 209kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 1230mg, Potassium: 340mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 28g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!