The test kitchen results were smashing—everyone loved our tangy pink limeade margarita recipe—even the people who typically turn their noses up at tequila! This cocktail is easy to make, pretty to serve and delicious to taste.
With just a five-minute prep time you can’t lose. Just mix ingredients together in a large bowl or plastic container then let it freeze overnight. Because of the quantity of liquor in the mixture, the contents may not achieve a complete freeze—that’s okay! The goal is to get everything nice and frosty so you can put it in a pitcher or drink dispenser with ice, and the mixture will stay cold for hours.
The sugar is required to help the mixture come to a frost, but you can always mellow out the sweetness of the cocktail by adding a slash of lemon-lime or club soda to your glass. Garnish with fresh lemon or lime wedges and enjoy this pink limeade margarita on a warm day.
Pink Limeade Margarita Recipe
what you'll need
- 12 oz can limeade concentrate frozen
- 12 oz can pink lemonade concentrate frozen
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 1 1/2 cups triple sec
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 limes
- lemons additional lemons and limes for garnish
let's do it
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl or resealable container then stir until everything is well combined. Place in freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, put frozen to semi-frozen mixture in a large pitcher with ice. Serve with fresh lemon and lime wedges, if desired.