Kick off the warm-weather festivities with this super-easy—and delicious—frozen cocktail recipe! A tangy citrus granita will cool you off and keep those taste buds happy.
Do all the heavy lifting the night before, then let freeze overnight. When you’re ready to serve, simply spoon out the slush into a festive glass and enjoy mingling with friends.
While this drink gets plenty of flavor from the lemon, limeade and orange juice concentrate, it’s good to bank on a little extra fruity flavor from a few fresh-squeezed limes. If you prefer, fresh lemons, oranges or a combination of the three make a great substitute.
You can sip this beverage as is, or add a splash of lemon-lime soda for a pop of fizz!
tangy citrus granita recipe
what you'll need
- 12 oz can lemon concentrate frozen
- 12 oz can limeade concentrate frozen
- 12 oz can orange juice concentrate frozen
- 2 cups vodka citrus
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed, about 3 large limes
- lemon lime soda
let's do it
- Let lemon, limeade and orange juice concentrate defrost at room temperature for a few minutes then pour into a large bowl. Break up any lumps using a wooden spoon.
- Add citrus vodka, water, sugar and fresh lime juice then stir well to fully incorporate ingredients. Make sure the mixture has an even, smooth texture before you freeze it.
- Cover with plastic wrap then place mixture in freezer overnight. When you’re ready to serve, spoon into a glass and enjoy. If desired, add a splash of lemon-lime soda for a pop of fizz!
One Last Thing