Whether it’s a backyard barbecue, a day at the beach or a leisurely afternoon floating in the pool, this watermelon cooler is the perfect cocktail to enjoy with friends. A large scoop of lemon sorbet combined with watermelon juice and coconut rum is tasty and refreshing.
This recipe yields a slush-like cocktail that’s tropical but not too sweet. It’s not like a Jolly Rancher, but more like a beach vacation in Maui! In fact, this drink is so smooth, you’ll have to be careful not to let the alcohol creep up on you.
Watermelon juice is easy to find—just look right next to the OJ at your local supermarket. This recipe calls for lemon sorbet, but you can use any fruit flavored sorbet your heart desires!
Watermelon Cooler Recipe
- 1 scoop lemon sorbet
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 3 oz watermelon juice
- fresh mint, for garnish if desired
- Place a handsome scoop of lemon sorbet in a cocktail glass.
- Pour coconut rum and watermelon juice into glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint if desired.
- Serve with a straw or spoon and enjoy!