St. Paddy’s Day is a great excuse to get creative with your desserts…it’s so easy to be green with just a little food coloring! These tasty chocolate mint brownies are filled with Irish spirit.
The brownies are so easy to make that you won’t even need the luck o’ the Irish on your side—forget that four-leaf clover! Plus, you can save even more time by using your favorite boxed brownie mix.
Because brownies can be sticky and gooey, we recommend lining your pan with parchment paper. This ensures that your brownies will come out in perfect form.
Chocolate Mint Brownies Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 - 2 drops green food coloring optional
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
let's do it
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" x 8" cake pan with cooking spray or line the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add melted butter to a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool slightly. Stir in sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla and salt until completely combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder over the egg mixture then stir just enough to combine. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25–30 minutes until firm in the center.
- Remove from oven and set to cool completely on a wire rack before adding the topping. When the brownies are completely cool, it is time to prepare the topping.
- Add white chocolate chips and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and give it a stir. Return to the microwave and heat in 10-second intervals, stirring after each time. Repeat until melted and smooth, but be sure not to overheat the chocolate.
- Stir in peppermint extract and just a drop or two of green food coloring if desired. Pour chocolate topping over cooled brownies and spread evenly. Sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares and serve.