Kids love the traditional advent calendar—especially when each day reveals a tasty chocolate treat!—but sometimes it’s fun to take a new approach. Our Christmas countdown blocks are a stylish take on the traditional advent calendar!
You make the calendar once and can re-use it year after year. The kids will love turning the blocks each day waiting for Christmas to arrive! In fact, you could create the countdown blocks for any occasion…birthdays, anniversaries, even to mark the final days before a new baby’s arrival.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Wooden Christmas countdown blocks instructions
- Christmas countdown blocks printable
- white card stock
- 2 – 2″ x 2″ wooden blocks
- 1 – 1.5″ x 3.5″ x 5″ wooden block
- spray adhesive
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KRSWM6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005KRSWM6&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=RUWWBYUG3VHI6ZHQ” target=”_blank” title=”Precision knife”]precision knife[/url]
- acrylic sealer
- Download the [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/christmas-countdown-blocks-cherylstyle-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Christmas countdown blocks printable”]Christmas countdown blocks printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print on card stock and cut out where indicated.
- One by one, spray the back of each cutout with spray adhesive and center onto the block. Smooth out with fingers then flip over face down to trim excess paper.
- Work your way around each side, making sure to adhere cutouts onto corresponding blocks.
- Repeat the process for the larger block.
- Spray all sides with a few coats of acrylic sealer and then display on your mantel on December 1st!