Like vanishing socks, mittens are subject to losing their partner into a tiny black hole, strange magnetic fields and hungry dryers. DIY mitten puppets are the perfect solution for solitary gloves to make new friends.
How to make DIY mitten puppets
DIY mitten puppets
- permanent marker
- hot glue gun
- yarn, various colors
- felt, various colors
- desired accessories
- Slide mitten onto your hand and mark where to put eyes with marker. Take off mitten and hot glue eyes into place.
- Create hair by cutting strips of yarn and tying together with additional strip of yarn in center. Hot glue hair just above where knuckles will be.
- Use felt to cut out mustache and lip shapes. Hot glue in place just below eyes.
- Use felt to design accessories such as a tie or scarf. Tie around wrist lining of mitten, and hot glue securely to mitten fabric.
- Use additional items like tiny bows and flowers to adorn hair and secure with small dab of hot glue.