DIY mitten puppets
Like vanishing socks, mittens are subject to losing their partner into a tiny black hole, strange magnetic fields and hungry dryers. DIY mitten puppets are the perfect solution for solitary gloves to make new friends.
How to make DIY mitten puppets
- permanent marker
- hot glue gun
- yarn, various colors
- felt, various colors
- desired accessories
- Slide mitten onto your hand and mark where to put eyes with marker. Take off mitten and hot glue eyes into place.
- Create hair by cutting strips of yarn and tying together with additional strip of yarn in center. Hot glue hair just above where knuckles will be.
- Use felt to cut out mustache and lip shapes. Hot glue in place just below eyes.
- Use felt to design accessories such as a tie or scarf. Tie around wrist lining of mitten, and hot glue securely to mitten fabric.
- Use additional items like tiny bows and flowers to adorn hair and secure with small dab of hot glue.