You’ve gone to the trouble of finding and wrapping that perfect gift. Make it even more special by adding a DIY burlap gift tag to really personalize that present.
It’s super easy to make and hardly takes any time at all! For under $10, you’ll find you’ll want to make several generic ones to keep for last minute gift giving.
First, check out your craft closet for any scraps of card stock, fabric, burlap and ribbon. You may actually end up with a clean, organized storage area as an added bonus!
Find your trusty hot glue gun, letter stamps and a tube or two of puff paint and you’re all set to begin.
Simply cut strips of burlap and fray the edges. Loop ribbon through one end as an attachment for the tag. Cut smaller stripes of card stock on which to stamp or paint the recipient’s name. Add any embellishments if desired. Glue the card stock to the burlap, making sure to put foil under it to prevent the glue from seeping on to your work surface. That’s all there is to it!
Nothing shows a special person how much you care more than by adding that homemade touch to his or her gift.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BLJQB6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001BLJQB6&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank”]natural burlap[/url]
- kraft card stock
- puff paint
- hot glue gun and glue
- letter stamps
- ink pad
- Cut burlap into 1 ½” x 7″ strips (see our article on [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/showcase/how-to-cut-burlap-instructions-craft/” target=”_blank”]how to cut burlap[/url].
- Cut ribbon into 14″ lengths.
- Separate threads on burlap about ¾” from end to loop ribbon through.
- Cut card stock into 1″ x 5″ strips.
- Stamp recipient name and embellish tag.
- Let ink and embellishments dry.
- Hot glue card stock on burlap (place foil under the burlap so the hot glue doesn’t get on the surface below).
- Attach to gift!