Turkey place card holders set the tone for an easygoing and fun Thanksgiving. A template for feathers and beaks, along with a few supplies, make it easy and inexpensive to do.
Eight place cards can be made with our instructions, but you can make as many as you need. If you’re not a wine drinker, you can find corks at your local craft store.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
turkey place card holders instructions
- glue gun and glue
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Turkey Place Card Holders Printable
- construction paper, 1 sheet each (brown, yellow, red, orange)
- 8 wine bottle corks
- googly eyes
- Plug in your glue gun then set aside. While it’s heating up, stack all sheets of construction paper together.
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY Turkey Place Card Holders Printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print template, place on top of the stack of paper then cut out feathers as indicated—you should have enough feathers to make 8 place cards. Don’t forget to cut out the beaks using what’s left of the yellow paper.
- Arrange and hot glue five feathers to the back of each cork in a fan-like shape. Press to adhere. Glue on googly eyes and beak.
- Use a marker to write names of guests onto one of the feathers then set at the appropriate place setting.