Celebrate the season with these adorable DIY broom skewers. Use them to adorn candy apples, cocktails, or simply as delightful decorations for your home this Halloween.
Halloween DIY broom skewers
- bunch raffia
- sewing machine with brown thread
- glue gun and glue sticks
- 12 wooden skewers
- skein embroidery floss
- Gather small bunch of raffia, about 20 strands and stitch together in the center (seam is about 3⁄4″ long).
- Trim raffia about 5″ wide and apply dot of hot glue to left of seam.
- Place blunt end of skewer into glue, extending about 1″ past the seam.
- Fold right half of the raffia over the skewer and hold ends securely.
- Wrap embroidery floss around broom bristles (about 1⁄2″ from the folded end of raffia) then wrap 3-4 times and secure with knot.
- Stick into treat or skewer fruit or olives to garnish drink.
These magic broomsticks will make your Halloween treats fly off the plate!