Nothing gets the party started faster than sending a fun DIY Chinese New Year 3-D invitation in the mail.
So why not use takeout boxes and fortune cookies to set the tone and mood for a festive takeout affair?
You can create this DIY Chinese New Year party invitation for any event that requires an Asian flair!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MS3KZQG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00MS3KZQG&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=AIINEOO3GUDI3Q2I” target=”_blank” title=”Red Takeout Boxes”]red takeout containers[/url]
- printable white adhesive label
- yellow card stock
- spray adhesive or glue stick
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00750E0X6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00750E0X6&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Fortune Cookies”]fortune cookies[/url]
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C7TZSO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005C7TZSO&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”Yellow Crinkle Paper Shreds”]yellow crinkle paper[/url]
- Search Google and select a Chinese character to print onto white adhesive label (we chose the symbol for “Love”). Trim to size and attach label to middle of yellow card stock. Trim yellow card stock to size and attach to takeout container.
- Print party details or special message on white paper and trim into a long, rectangular strip. Insert into both ends of a fortune cookie.
- Fill container with yellow crinkle paper then tuck the paper strip into both ends of fortune cookie and nestle it atop yellow crinkle paper.