Here comes the sun! It may not last long but our suncatcher template will help chase those last gray days away with four different cutouts that are perfect for the Easter holiday.
Bunnies, flowers, Easter eggs and chicks will brighten up any room as long as there’s some sunshine. Card stock, colored tissue paper and transparency cutouts make it a fun, inexpensive craft that’s easy for the kids to do.
Cut out lots of brightly-colored tissue triangles in different sizes and have the kids overlap them onto the template to create a colorful suncatcher.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Printable suncatcher template instructions
- Easter suncatcher template
- card stock
- various colored tissue paper
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U6KYO8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003U6KYO8&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=RPXLAI25AZ4ZPVCE” target=”_blank” title=”Transparency Film”]transparency paper[/url]
- hole punch
- baker’s twine
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/easter-suncatcher-template-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Easter suncatcher printable”]Easter suncatcher template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print on card stock and cut out. Trace the cutout onto transparency paper then cut the transparencies out.
- Cut tissue paper triangles of various sizes and colors. As you arrange them onto each transparency, overlap them. Apply glue to adhere. Once the cutouts are completely covered with triangles, place each transparency cutout onto the corresponding card stock cutout and glue along the edge to adhere.
- Using a hole punch, make a hole at the top center of each suncatcher. Thread baker’s twine through the holes then hang in a sunny window to catch those rays.