Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Nachos
Cheesy game day nachos with all the fixin’s is a must—prepare for the party (and satisfy all your guests) with this delicious, easy chicken nachos slow cooker recipe!
You’re guaranteed juicy chicken with lots of flavor when you load the chicken breasts and seasonings in a slow cooker. Leftover chicken can be used in burritos, tacos and enchiladas—or anything where shredded chicken is needed!
You control the spice in this recipe, so if you like nachos extra hot, add extra green chiles, cayenne pepper and chili powder. If you prefer your snack foods on the mild side, subtract the spicy ingredients and just let the flavor of the bullion do all the heavy lifting.
When the nachos come out of the oven, pile them high with slow cooker chicken, chopped tomatoes, beans, salsa, cilantro, sour cream—the works!
Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14 1/2 oz can diced petite tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- nacho toppings, such as cilantro, beans, sour cream, sliced green onions, sliced olives, pickled jalapenos, chopped tomatoes and salsa
- Place chicken breasts, diced tomatoes (with juice), diced onion, paprika, garlic powder and bouillon in the slow cooker then stir to combine. Cook on low for 6–8 hours or on high for 3–4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked and fall-apart tender, turn the slow cooker off, remove breasts from liquid then shred chicken. Place shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl. Using a slotted spoon, remove veggies from the liquid that is still in the slow cooker. Add the veggies to the chicken then stir to combine. Add as much cooking liquid to shredded chicken as needed to make it moist and juicy then discard remainder of the cooking liquid. Stir to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set chicken aside while you prepare the nachos.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then select an ovenproof plate or baking sheet. Add a layer of tortilla chips then sprinkle with desired amount of shredded cheese. Repeat the layering of tortilla chips and cheese until you have enough nachos to feed the hungry crowd. Bake nachos for 6–8 minutes—until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Top hot nachos with plenty of shredded chicken and any toppings that you desire. Serve while the cheese is nice and gooey! Enjoy!