A Halloween twist on the traditional Buckeye Candy (an Ohio favorite), these Frankenstein treats are sweet, peanut buttery and just plain cute.
Made with a simple four-ingredient dough (peanut butter buckeyes), and decorated with pretzels, dipping chocolate and sprinkles, these Frankenstein treats add creepy and tasty fun to any Halloween party.
Frankenstein peanut butter buckeyes recipe
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- pretzel sticks
- Baker's dipping chocolate
- sprinkles, edible, optional
- cake pop sticks
- Hand mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until dough takes on a smooth-yet-stiff consistency.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2" diameter balls then roll into cylinder shape. Slice 1end off shapes using butter knife, then place on baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Prepare dipping chocolate per package instructions.
- Dip cake pop stick into melted dipping chocolate and insert into rounded end of shape. Dunk flat top of shape into melted dipping chocolate to create hair. Add stitches with butter knife. Finish with edible sprinkle eyes (or use a cake pop stick dipped in chocolate to make eyes). Break pretzels into small pieces and insert into both sides of Frankenstein to create neck bolts.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes prior to serving.