Creepy Halloween deviled eggs
Impress your friends with these adorable spider Halloween deviled eggs! You don’t have to be the world’s best chef to make these—they’re that simple.
Planning to feed a crowd? Hard boil 18 eggs then cool. Remove shells, cut eggs in half horizontally and remove yolks.
Most deviled egg recipes call for mayonnaise, but we kept it light by using olive oil and water instead. Throw in a little Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper until you have a smooth consistency and get ready to fill your egg whites..
For a professional look, and way less mess, spoon the egg mixture into a piping bag and pipe into each egg white. No piping bag on hand? Simply cut the corner of a plastic baggie and start squeezing.
To make “spider” bodies, slice all the olives in half and place an olive half on each egg. Slice remaining olives in half vertically, then horizontally to arrange pieces as “legs.”
We served our spider Halloween deviled eggs on a plate, painted to look like a web. If you want to make this spider web Halloween plate.
Halloween deviled eggs recipe
- 18 eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz can large black olives
- Place eggs in single layer in large pot then fill pot with cold water until eggs are covered by about 1".
- Bring eggs, uncovered, to a rolling boil. Remove pot from heat after boil is achieved and cover tightly with lid. Set timer and allow eggs to sit, covered, for 12 minutes
- Carefully remove eggs from pot and place in bowl of ice water to cool. Let cool completely, then remove shells.
- Cut eggs in half horizontally and remove yolks. Rinse out egg whites.
- Combine egg yolks, mustard, water, oil, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir until smooth then spoon into piping bag. Pipe egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Cut olives in half and place half an olive on each deviled egg.
- Cut remaining olives in half. Slice olive halves vertically then in half horizontally. Arrange olive slices on eggs for spider legs.