Dessert never looked more festive with DIY Halloween cupcake toppers! Printables, card stock and craft picks make it super easy (and inexpensive) to add that final touch to your Halloween table.
We’ve got three cute designs—a bat and shouts of ‘beware’ and ‘boo.’ Use one or mix it up with all three!
You’ll want to insert wood craft sticks rather than toothpicks. They’re not only flat, which makes it easier to glue into place; they’re also longer. Your topper will stand up tall without budging.
Don’t limit to just cupcakes—place them in appetizers, sandwiches, or anywhere you want to display the Halloween spirit.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make Halloween cupcake toppers
- Halloween cupcake toppers printables
- white card stock
- X-acto knife
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V1AID4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003V1AID4&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank” title=”Wood Craft Pick”]wood craft pick[/url]
- Download the Halloween cupcake topper printables of your choice ([url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/halloween-cupcake-toppers-cherylstyle-bat.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Halloween Cupcake Topper – Bat”]bat[/url], [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/halloween-cupcake-toppers-cherylstyle-skull.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Halloween Cupcake Topper – Beware”]beware[/url] or [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/halloween-cupcake-toppers-cherylstyle-boo.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Halloween Cupcake Topper – Boo”]boo[/url]) and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url]. Print out on white card stock.
- Use an X-acto knife and ruler to score where indicated on the printable. Fold toppers along score line and trim any uneven edges.
- Apply a layer of glue across the backside of the topper, put your pick in place then fold the paper in half. Press firmly to adhere.
- Place picks in cupcakes, appetizers or any dish for added Halloween decoration.