Halloween Witch Hat Treats
It’s easy to get trapped into doing the same old fun foods for Halloween—but not any more with these festive witch hat treats! Chocolate candy melts combined with chopped nuts and delightfully salty Bugle corn snacks is the perfect fun food combination.
Making these treats doesn’t get any easier. All you need are three simple ingredients and 15 minutes to prep—it doesn’t take much to get from start to finish!
Depending on how creative you want to get, you can easily replicate these into Harry Potter themed wizard hats or get innovative with star-shaped sprinkles and different colored chocolate melts. Either way, these will be a smash at the party!
Halloween witch hat treats
- 1 bag Bugles, corn snacks
- 10 oz package candy melts, any desired color or flavor
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped, or puffed rice cereal
- mini-muffin tin
- Sort through a bag of Bugles and find 24 that are unbroken and most closely resemble the shape of witch hats. Set them aside—the remainder can be used for snacking. Lightly coat a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray then set aside.
- Place chocolate melts into a microwave-safe bowl then melt according to package directions. Pour ½-¾ cup of melted candy into a small juice glass or jelly jar then reserve to dip Bugles.
- Once you have reserved enough of the candy to dip, stir chopped nuts or puffed rice cereal into remaining candy melts then stir until completely combined. Spoon 1½–2 tsp melted candy with nuts or crispy rice into the bottom of each cup of the mini-muffin tin to form hat brims. When all of the cups have been filled, tap pan gently on countertop to settle candy down into an even layer with a smooth surface.
- Lightly grab the pointed end of a bugle then dip it in reserved candy melt. Submerge completely then tap gently on side of the cup to remove excess candy from the inside and outside of the corn snack. Gently place one candy-coated Bugle onto the center of each muffin cup. Repeat for all 24 hats.
- Dip a toothpick into the remaining candy then dab just a tiny bit on the tip of each hat to cover the tip where your fingers were. Let the witch hats set completely, pop them out of the muffin tin, and watch them do a disappearing act!