Hammered metal ornaments
Hammered metal ornaments add a homemade touch to Christmas. Use them to decorate your tree, gifts or even add to a gifted bottle of wine!
Our template has a modern take on the usual tree, ball or star ornament—lots of loops and curves. Jewelry pliers make it very easy to bend silver plated wire into the desired shapes.
Tapping a hammer lightly on the metal gives it that textured, rustic look. Just remember that it’s best to use a concrete surface such as a garage floor or sidewalk when swinging your hammer.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Hammered metal ornaments instructions
hammered metal ornaments instructions
- hammered metal ornaments template
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OCRE74/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002OCRE74&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20″ target=”_blank” title=”16 Gauge Silver Plated Flatwire”]16 gauge silver plated flat wire[/url], 12″ long
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00177X9OO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00177X9OO&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=GZ2AABPH6KG56OW4″ target=”_blank” title=”Jewelry Pliers”]jewelry pliers[/url]
- ornament hooks
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/hammered-metal-ornaments-cherylstyle-printable.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Hammered Metal Ornaments”]hammered metal ornaments template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print out the template and choose which ornament you’d like to make.
- Cut a 12″ strip of wire, using scissors. Place one end of the wire on the template where it says ‘start.’ Follow the template as a guide to bend the wire. Use jewelry pliers to help make curves and loops—just a small slight bend will work. Once the ornament has been completed, snip off any excess wire.
- Place the finished ornament on a hard surface (one that can take a bit of a beating) and lightly tap over the top. Don’t flatten it too much or it could become fragile and break!
- Once flattened, attach an ornament hook and you’re done!
Don’t overdo the hammering when flattening your ornaments! Too much and they could become brittle and break.
The links to the downloads are broken. Could you post them or email them, please? Thank you!