Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
This pumpkin bread twist on the classic whoopie pie is the perfect recipe for fall. And it will even help save you a few calories thanks to the use of a sugar substitute and lower-fat cream cheese in the filling.
Serve these skinnier pumpkin whoopie pies at your next party and watch the compliments roll in!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, set aside.
- Whisk sugar, dark brown sugar and oil together in separate bowl. Add pumpkin purée and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture gradually to pumpkin mixture and, until completely combined.
- Drop a rounded, heaping tsp of dough with spoon or small cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheets about 1" apart (these will not spread out much or change their shape so you may want smooth or shape a bit before baking).
- Bake 10–12 minutes and remove from oven when cookies are just starting to crack and toothpick inserted into center of cookie comes out clean. Let cookies cool completely on cooling rack
- Prepare filling by blending cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla together with electric mixer on low speed 3-5 minutes. Gradually sift and mix powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture until completely blended.
- Add dollop of filling on flat side of of whoopie pie (once they have fully cooled). Place another pie half flat side down on top of filling and enjoy!