Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
Few things warm the soul on a chilly day like a nourishing soup. Our slow cooker butternut squash soup gives you a cozy fix with very little work.
This isn’t one of those sweet, pasty, pumpkin pie-tasting soups. Our recipe is savory and comforting. There’s no cream, either, but it tastes hearty and rich thanks to the puréed veggies!
It’s so easy to prep all of the ingredients and just drop them into the slow cooker. Let ‘em simmer all day and dinner will be ready before you know it.
Serve this soup recipe in a fancy homemade bread bowl!
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This slow cooker butternut squash soup is easy to prepare and oh-so delicious to eat. You will eat it all winter long, we guarantee it!
Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1" cubes (about 5–6 cups)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish, optional
- Add the butter, onion, carrots, butternut squash and bay leaves to the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over all of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3½–4 hours.
- Once vegetables are cooked and soft, remove the bay leaves and purée the soup using an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, add the soup to a regular blender in stages. Only fill the blender about ¼ of the way full to avoid splattering.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
Be sure to count all of the bay leaves that you add so you are sure to get them all out!
Calories: 148kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 290mg, Potassium: 651mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!