If you’re looking for some fresh family fun, why not try making your own Mr Potato Head with real potatoes and decorated with a garden full of fixings?
DIY Mr. Potato Head instructions
Recipe Type: side dishes
- several large russet potatoes
- variety of veggies such as black olives, broccoli, radishes, cucumbers, carrots (both full-sized and baby), Brussels sprouts, green onions and red bell peppers
- lots of toothpicks
- Clean and wash your potatoes and then slice off just enough of the bottoms to allow them to stand up straight.
- Chop and slice your pre-washed veggies and place in separate bowls arranged around the table.
- Set potatoes and toothpicks around the table.
- Using the toothpicks, pin the veggies into place to assemble the potato face.
- Don’t let the potatoes go to waste, bake them as usual and enjoy.
While designed for kids, this is also a great icebreaker for adults. Offering up playful and unexpected party activities is a surefire way to get guests to relax and be themselves.