Mummy Halloween Cookies
This fun food tastes great and comes together with minimal effort! The kids will go bananas for these mummy Halloween cookies!
Everything you need to make this festive Halloween cookie is available at the supermarket—the cookies, eyes, black icing and white candy melts—it’s all there, and inexpensive to boot!
The best part of this fun food is that the messier you are, the better they tend to look! If you’re not surprising the kids with this treat, then it’s a fun activity to do with your littles because they’re so darn easy to make!
Share your mummy cookies with the world on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #EverydayDishes!
Mummy Halloween Cookies Recipe
These yummy mummy Halloween cookies are super easy to make—just melt, dip and drizzle your way to fun, delicious treats!
Yield: 12 cookies
- 12 peanut butter sandwich cookies
- 10 oz package white candy melts
- 1 tube black gel icing
- 24 candy eyes
- 1 quart-sized resealable bag
- Melt candy in a microwave-safe bowl according to package instructions. While candy melts, lay a sheet of parchment or wax paper on a flat surface to rest cookies after they’re dipped. Stir melts to ensure they’re completely melted before using.
- Dip cookies in melted candy, one at a time, coating completely using a fork to cover cookie in melted candy then to lift cookie out of the bowl. Tap fork gently on the side of the bowl several times to remove excess candy and smooth out the surface. Transfer cookie to parchment paper to let candy to set. Repeat with remaining cookies, then reserve remaining melted candy.
- Once candy has set, choose where you would like to put eyes then place a nice-sized dollop of the black gel icing in that area. Set eyes in place over the black icing then repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place reserved melted candy into the zip-top bag then snip a small section off one corner of the bag. If you happen to have a piping bag with a small round tip, this is the time to use it!
- Use the piping bag to drizzle candy melt over the cookie in a random, crosshatch pattern making sure not to cover the eyes. The more random and haphazard the design, the better! Let candy set then enjoy!
The key to perfect mummies is using a resealable plastic bag or piping bags to drizzle the chocolate onto the cookies.
Calories: 210kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 79mg, Potassium: 27mg, Fiber: 0.3g, Sugar: 24g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!