This 4th of July, have the kids make a patriotic windsock craft using printables, tape and red, white and blue ribbon. It’s a festive addition to your holiday décor that’s quick and easy to make.
Choose from a printable that’s ready to be assembled or a plain one for kids to color. If you’re planning this activity for a group of young children, you may want to cut out the printables ahead of time to jumpstart the craft.
This craft hardly costs a thing so it’s great for a big group! Make as many as you want then hang together for a truly impressive display.
Patriotic windsock craft instructions
- patriotic windsock craft printable
- card stock
- crayons (optional)
- hole punch
- blue ribbon, cut 10″
- red, white and blue ribbon, cut into 20″ strips
- Download the patriotic windsock craft printable ([url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/patriotic-windsock-craft-printable-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Patriotic windsock craft printable”]colored[/url] or [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/patriotic-windsock-craft-blank-printable-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Patriotic windsock craft blank printable”]blank[/url]) and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/” target=”_blank”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print on card stock and cut out.
- If desired, have kids color in plain windsock or use the printable that’s ready to go.
- To assemble, slightly overlap both ends of the windsock together then adhere with tape to secure.
- Using a hole punch, make 2 holes diagonal from each other near the top of the windsock. Thread the 10″ blue ribbon through the holes and knot at each end to secure. Trim away any excess.
- Divide strips of ribbon into 8 groups of 3, each having 1 red, 1 white and 1 blue strip. Adhere groups, one at a time, with tape to the inside bottom rim of the windsock.
- Hang from tree branch, porch or patio or on a fence.