Juicy Bacon Jalapeño Burger
Finally, the bacon jalapeño burger recipe you’ve always wanted. It’s juicy, savory and topped with all the ingredients you’ve come to love from your favorite burger recipes.
Before you even think it—don’t let the jalapeños scare you away from this delicious recipe! Lucky for you, the chef controls the heat. If you’re sensitive to spicy food, simply remove all the seeds and membranes while you rinse the peppers under running water. If you love the spice, roast the jalapeños—seeds and all—for a jolt in temperature.
The sour cream sauce that accompanies this dish is a perfect substitute for mayonnaise and mustard. The chili powder will add spice, not heat, and the garlic powder adds just enough oomph, without overpowering the flavor of the burger.
Add a few thin slices of onion and a handful of your favorite chips on the side, and you have a great-tasting meal that satisfies your belly and your taste buds!
Bacon Jalapeño Burger Recipe
bacon jalapeño burgers
- 12 oz thick-cut bacon
- 6 jalapeños
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, or Italian parsley, or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes, optional
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced, circles intact
- 1 pkg hamburger buns
sour cream sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cook bacon to desired crispiness then drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place a rack on the top section of the oven then preheat on broil setting. Then, wearing disposable gloves, chop off stem end of each pepper then slice in half. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane of the peppers. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place peppers on the baking sheet with the cut side down. Spray jalapeno skins lightly with non-stick spray then place baking sheet under the broiler. Roast peppers for about 2–3 minutes until the skins start to blister. Turn peppers over to broil on opposite side. Remove from oven then wrap jalapeños tightly using the aluminum foil from baking sheet. Allow peppers to steam inside the foil for 10–15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro, salt and chili flakes. Divide the seasoned ground beef into 6 equal portions then form into 6 patties. Fry the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat until they reach the desired temperature. Once the patties are cooked to your liking, place the patties on a bun.
- Remove peppers from the foil—you can also remove the skins at this point if desired. Layer the cheddar cheese, red onion, roasted chilies and bacon on top of each patty, 1 at a time, then close the bun and immediately wrap burger in aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining burgers. Place the stack of wrapped burgers on a serving tray and set aside.
- Mix sour cream, garlic powder, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and add about 1 Tbsp to each burger or serve it on the side. By the time your hungry eaters open up the foil wraps, the buns should be nice and soft. Enjoy!