You’ll be the talk of the cookie exchange with this easy-to-make polar bear cookies recipe! Double cream-filled sandwich chocolate cookies are dunked in white chocolate candy melts then decorated. Before you know it, you’ve got a den of the most adorable and delicious sweet treats for the kids!
We kept the design pretty simple, but if you want to go the extra mile, add a mouth using decorating gel or even create a fuzzy-looking texture using white sanding sugar.
Polar Bear Cookies Recipe
what you'll need
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies preferably double-stuffed
- 24 miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz bag white candy melts round disc shape
- 12 candy-coated chocolate candies blue or brown
- 1 tube black decorating gel
let's do it
- Open each cookie then place 2 marshmallows into position for ‘ears’. Press cookie back together, squeezing the edge of the marshmallow in between the two cookies and securing the ‘ears’ in place. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Remove 12 perfectly-shaped candy melts from the package then set aside. Melt the remaining candies according to package directions. Lay a sheet of parchment or wax paper nearby to place cookies once they’ve been dipped. When the candies are melted, dip cookies one at a time, coating them completely.
- Remove the cookie carefully from the melted candy using a fork then gently tap fork on the side of the bowl to smooth the surface and let excess candy fall off. Try to position the cookie on the fork such that the ‘ears’ are supported by the fork while you tap so they don’t fall into the candy. Transfer dipped cookies to parchment paper and repeat until no cookies remain.
- Before the candy sets completely, place a reserved (un-melted) candy disc on the cookie to form a muzzle on the bear. Press lightly into place so the melted candy forms a ridge around the disc. This adds a fun little facial feature to the polar bears. Let bears set until firm but reserve at least a teaspoon of the dipping mixture to use to adhere the noses.
- Once the cookies have set, re-melt the reserved candy coating to use as ‘glue’ to adhere the candy noses in place. Use a dot of decorating gel to create eyes. If you would like to add a mouth, you can do that as well. Once the nose is firmly adhered, serve these cute little guys up!