Halloween is a time for fun and spooky food. So why no whip up our super simple (and supernatural!) popcorn eyeball Halloween snacks. This is a spine-chilling treat both the kids and adults will enjoy.
You don’t need much to create these treats. Popcorn, soft caramel candies, butter, white candy coating and colored piping gel are ingredients you’ll easily find at the market.
Popcorn eyeball Halloween snacks will be a hit among your favorite ghouls. They’re perfect for a party, or sweet treats for the little goblin’s lunch.
Popcorn eyeball Halloween snacks recipe
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped, light butter
- 6 oz bag soft caramel candies
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz white candy melts
- 1 tube black gel icing
- 1 tube3 red gel icing
- Pop popcorn per package instructions.
- Melt caramel candies and butter in medium saucepan, over medium low heat. Stir in popcorn until well coated, cool until able to handle.
- Form 12 popcorn balls (lightly coat hands with butter to prevent sticking).
- Melt candy coating per package instructions. Dip popcorn balls in candy coating covering completely, allow to harden.
- Repeat (double dipping gives a real white eyeball color) and allow coating to completely set.
- Pipe “pupil” using black piping gel and “veins” using red piping gel.
- Get ready for your spooky ghosts and goblins to chow down.
Rotate the popcorn eyeball Halloween snacks on a serving platter so that the pupils face in different directions—no mater where you’re standing, they’ll be watching you!