Bring a natural element to your Thanksgiving table with easy-to-make printable leaf place cards. Type names on a colorful leaf printable or simply write them by hand then cut out and glue to twigs.
Small wood slices purchased from your local craft store provide a base in which to place the twigs. You can use corks but they’re not quite as sturdy.
Making a hole in the wood isn’t difficult. Place a Phillips screwdriver—not a flat one—in the center then tap it with a hammer to get the hole started. With a little pressure and a few twists, that sharp point will have the hole ready in no time.
Twigs can be delicate so use a light touch when assembling these unique place cards.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Thanksgiving leaf place cards instructions
- leaf place card printable
- card stock
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HCXT7MU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HCXT7MU&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=U3RFVY6QYL5DNPLV” target=”_blank” title=”Wood Circles”]wood slices[/url]
- Phillips screwdriver
- hot glue gun
- Download the leaf place card printable ([url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/printable-leaf-place-cards-everydaydishes_com-blank.pdf” target=”_blank”]blank[/url] or [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/printable-leaf-place-cards-everydaydishes_com-color.pdf” target=”_blank”]colored[/url]) and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Type guests’ names onto printable then print, cut out and set aside. You can also simply write the names on by hand.
- Make a hole in the center of the wood slice by using a hammer to drive a Phillips screwdriver into it. Apply pressure as you twist, making the hole deep enough so the twig will be able to stand on its own.
- Dab hot glue inside the hole, insert the end of the twig and press to adhere. Decide where you want your leaf to go, add a dab of hot glue onto the branch then adhere the leaf. That’s it!