5 Easy and Impressive Slow-Cooker Dishes To Impress Everyone!
Whether you are a Michelin-starred chef or an amateur home cook, a slow cooker is one of your best companions in the kitchen. This convenient machinery is a one-stop solution for any meal for any occasion.
Due to its versatility and convenient cooking methods, it has gained popularity worldwide. Today, we will show you some of the best dishes you can make with a slow cooker easily and conveniently.
Here are five super easy-to-replicate slow cooker dishes:
Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
As slow cooker temperatures have a wide range, it allows you to cook a wide array of dishes. One of them happens to be everyone’s all-time favorite comfort food – mac and cheese.
No one can resist the temptation of a warm gooey and cheesy mac & cheese when presented in front of them.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups of cheddar
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, optional
- Chives and bread crumbs, optional
First, boil and strain the elbow macaroni; don’t cook them all through. Next, fry off the garlic with the butter in the slow cooker. Now add all the ingredients into the slow cooker with the macaroni.
Cook it all at medium heat for 2 hours. Add the parmesan cheese on top, sprinkle the chives and bread crumbs on it, broil it for 5 mins at high heat, and then serve.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Don’t worry, you won’t need to have a rat hiding inside your chef hat to guide you to make this vegetarian dish. It’s so easy to make that you can simply make it by following the instructions I’m providing below.
- 2 large potatoes with low starch
- 2-3 capsicum of different colors
- 1 large green zucchini
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large squash or pumpkin
- 2-3 medium-sized onions
- 2-3 cups of marinara sauce or ragu
- ½ a garlic minced
- A handful of basil, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
First of all, cut all the vegetables into circular discs. Using a mandolin is the best option for you here. Make sure to keep the thickness the same.
Add a cum of the marinara sauce to the bottom of the cooker. Now layer the vegetables on top of the sauce in a spiral pattern. Season the vegetable slices. Now sprinkle the garlic on top of the veggies. Now cover the layered vegetables with the remaining sauce and add seasonings.
Cook it for 3 hours at high settings. Serve with cheese and basil sprinkled on the top.
Easy Slow Cooker Drumsticks
Trust us, if you are in the mood for some chicken, this will satisfy your craving.
Not only is this tasty, but also easy to make and effortless. Just follow the method mentioned below for a very tasty and high-protein meal.
- 15-20 drumsticks with skin
- 1 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- A few splashes of hot sauce or tabasco
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Lime zest
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Sesame seeds
- Pepper and salt to taste
First, mix the wet ingredients, minced garlic, ginger, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
Next, take a large bowl or a big ziplock bag and put the chicken in it.
Next, add the marinade you just made, ensuring all the chicken pieces are covered.
Now leave it to marinate overnight or at least for an hour. It would be best if you let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
Next, take them out and dump them in the slow cooker. And cook on high heat for anywhere between 3-4 hours.
Once you are done, take them out and lay them in a baking tray. Sprinkle the scallion slices and sesame seeds and broil the chicken for up to 5 mins or until they develop nice color and serve them.
Hearty Lentil Soup
If you are looking for healthy comfort food, look no further! This lentil soup is full of nutrients and fibers that are not just beneficial for your health and digestion but also tasty!
- 1 cup lentils, preferably dried and medium-sized lentils
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cans of peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of pureed ginger
- 1 big-sized garlic minced
- 1 medium-sized onion minced
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder (you can add more if you love heat)
- 1 cup of parsley or cilantro chopped
- A few green chilies sliced through the middle
- A handful of cherry tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, cut into quarters
- A splash of oil
- Salt to taste
First, add a splash to the slow cooker and lightly cook the spices, salt, onion, and garlic.
Next, you can deglaze the cooker with a small amount of water or stock. But this is optional. Add ginger paste, lentils, and canned tomatoes to the cooker and cook on high heat for up to 4 hours.
Lastly, add the herbs, coconut milk chilies, and fresh tomatoes to it and cook it on low heat for 5-10mins and it is ready! You can eat it on its own or even pair it with steamed rice, bread, etc.
Citrus Fish With Herbs
If you love eating fish or are tired of chicken and beef all the time, this could be a fun little dish to surprise your palette. It is very easy to make and can be made with any fish of your choice. Follow these instructions:
- 4 fillets of your favorite fish, preferably big fish like Tuna, Salmon, Snapper, etc.
- 2 cups of stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
- 1 cup of regular white wine
- Juice of 1 mandarin or orange
- 1 big lemon
- 2 scallions minced
- 1 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- A handful of herbs like sage, parsley, tarragon, etc.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Simply combine all the ingredients except the fish and cook them in the slow cooker at a high temperature for about 30 mins.
Next, add the fish fillets to the cooker and cook for anywhere between 30-60mins depending on the thickness of your fillets.
Use a fork to check the fish after 30 min mark, and once it starts to flake with the gentle press of a fork, it is done.
Instead of giving you recipes for pot roasts and casseroles for the umpteenth time, we decided to share with you the five slow cooker dishes that will please anyone and everyone you prepare them for.
So feel free to try these recipes at home and add your twist to them.