Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
This recipe for slow cooker beef stroganoff is just as easy as warming up a can of ‘cream of’ soup, but without the preservatives. It’s simple, fast and totally tasty!
Most beef stews are made up of beef chuck. If beef chuck roast or steaks are on sale at your local grocery, pick up 2 lbs and cut them up into cubes. It never hurts to go for a little additional savings on your grocery bill, right?
Button or cremini mushrooms are the best for beef stroganoff. You can even make an extra batch for the freezer—serve it one week with noodles and the next week with mashed potatoes. It’s two meals in one trip to the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This slow cooker beef stroganoff is quick and easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
Yield: 8 servings
- 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- With the slow cooker off, add beef broth into the pot and whisk in the flour. Be sure that the broth is room temperature to avoid the lumps. When the flour is completely combined, add the bouillon, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and water and stir to combine. Add the meat, mushrooms, and diced onions and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6–7 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn off the slow cooker and stir in sour cream and parsley. Test for salt and add plenty of fresh ground pepper.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles or fluffy mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Want to amp up the flavor? Try adding a tablespoon or two of Dijon mustard to your sauce!
Calories: 454kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 36g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 118mg, Sodium: 908mg, Potassium: 475mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!