Hot spinach and artichoke dip
Whether you’re serving crackers, crostini, fresh veggies or chips, everything will taste better dunked in our spinach and artichoke dip.
The recipe comes together in practically no time and you can make it in advance. Just store it in the fridge until you need it and pop the dip into the oven to bake right before serving. Really easy!
We heat the cream cheese up before stirring in the other ingredients. This simple step helps everything come together smoothly. It blends all of the spices perfectly for a more tasty dip.
When you’re chopping up the veggies, leave the spinach and artichokes slightly course. The final texture is much better this way! But chop them well enough so that artichokes are easy to scoop up on chips and crackers.
spinach and artichoke dip recipe
- 9 oz box spinach, defrosted
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, defrosted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a small casserole dish and set aside.
- Place defrosted spinach and artichokes into a colander and press very firmly to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer both to a cutting board, chop coarsely then set aside.
- Add cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl and soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until the cream cheese is very soft—about the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add chopped spinach and artichokes, sour cream, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic powder then stir until well combined. Fold in mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese until ingredients are well combined. Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top. Cooking time may vary based on the shape and depth of the casserole dish being used, so keep an eye on it! Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving with your favorite chips, crackers, bread or veggies. Enjoy!