Egg-Free Baked Yogurt Dessert
Love crème brulée but think it’s too difficult to prepare? Our baked yogurt dessert is just as delicious, it’s healthier, and so much easier to make! It has the same rich taste as custard. We even left out the eggs so those who have egg allergies don’t have to worry.
Just heat a few ingredients in the microwave, cool them in the fridge, make the yogurt mixture and cool it too. Assemble, bake, and relax while it cools down in the oven.
Add a drizzle of honey, garnish with sliced pecans and your friends will think you’ve been cooking all day! Make in advance so you’ll have plenty of time to get ready for company.
Egg-Free Baked Yogurt Recipe
Impress guests with this blueberry baked yogurt dessert. It’s a healthier, egg-free substitute for crème brulée but so much easier to make.
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put yogurt in medium mixing bowl. Whisk in heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk then put into refrigerator to cool.
- Spray an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the dish with sliced almonds then pour yogurt mixture on top of sliced almonds.
- Place in oven and bake 15-20 minutes until just set.
- Turn off oven and leave door slightly open. Allow yogurt to cool in oven.
- Drizzle with honey then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
You can use any nut that tickles your fancy in this recipe. Try macadamia nuts or even pine nuts!
Calories: 308kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Sodium: 76mg, Potassium: 206mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!