Bibb Lettuce Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
Crunchy and bright is the best way to describe our Bibb lettuce with lemon dill salad dressing recipe. The crisp, creamy flavor of Bibb lettuce marries perfectly with blanched green beans, radish matchsticks and homemade dressing.
Bibb lettuce is light in texture and holds a subtle sweet flavor unlike other types of lettuce. We also purposefully sliced the radishes into matchsticks because it distributes the flavor evenly. We used petite green beans, keeping them delicate enough not to overwhelm the lettuce yet hold enough flavor to complement the leaf.
Making the dressing is a piece of cake, and tastes so much better fresh than anything out of a bottle. Talk about whisking your way to a delightful meal!
Bibb Lettuce Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing Recipe
Our lemon dill dressing is so versatile—it’s great for salads, grilled potatoes or as a marinade!
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 oz green beans, petite, fresh or frozen
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 4-6 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp dill, approx. 5 sprigs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a medium saucepan half full of water and place over high heat. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, fill a large mixing bowl with ice water then set it aside.
- Add green beans to boiling water and allow the beans to blanch by cooking them for 2–3 minutes. Remove the beans when they have turned bright green and are tender but still crunchy.
- Immediately drain the beans and dip them into the bowl of ice water. Once the beans are cool, drain them again and set them aside.
- Wash lettuce leaves and spin the leaves dry or dry with a kitchen towel. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Cut the radishes into matchsticks then add them to the salad bowl along with the green beans. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Mix the lemon juice, honey, dill and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until it starts to come together or emulsify.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over salad then toss well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You need just enough dressing to get the ingredients wet—you’ll love the results!
Calories: 87kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 76mg, Potassium: 144mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!