This easy-to-follow blue cheese butter recipe infuses some serious flavor into your next meal with hardly any grunt work. It perfectly complements grilled steak, baked potatoes and practically any of your favorite vegetables!
All you need are a handful of ingredients to prepare this recipe. In just 10 short minutes, you’re on your way to a flavor-boosting butter that will change the way you enjoy your food! Seriously—grill a hamburger patty with a little butter on top, and it will change your life!
This recipe calls for you to roll the butter into a log-shape, but it’s certainly not necessary! For a more elegant look, use a piping bag with a star tip to pipe individual servings, or break out the unused butter molds you got as a wedding gift 10 years ago!
Blue Cheese Butter Recipe
what you'll need
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature, 1 stick
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 tsp rosemary or thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
let's do it
- In a large bowl, mash softened butter with a fork or cream the butter using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer. Add the blue cheese crumbles then mix until the blue cheese is completely incorporated with the butter. Add herbs, garlic powder and pepper, mix until combined.
- Lay a 12" long piece of plastic wrap across the countertop and mound the butter in the center. Fold the sides of the plastic over the top of the butter and press it out gently to form into a cylinder. Twist the ends of the plastic wrap to tighten the wrap against the butter—almost like making a sausage.
- Refrigerate until firm then unwrap and cut the butter into slices. Place the blue cheese butter on top of freshly grilled steak, steamed veggies, baked potatoes, or anything else you can imagine. Enjoy!