Chorizo Recipe Ideas – Breakfast Skillet
There’s nothing better than a hearty breakfast to start the day. Adding chorizo is one of the best ways to incorporate a ton of flavor and add protein for a solid start to the day. But many people struggle with chorizo recipe ideas. Luckily, we’ve got you covered! We’ve taken high-quality meat and paired it with filling vegetables and eggs, to get a complete meal that is the perfect way to start your day!
If you’ve been looking for chorizo recipe ideas, look no further. We put together this breakfast skillet with paleo-approved chorizo, bell pepper, onion, sweet potato, and eggs. Is your mouth watering yet? The combination of spicy chorizo with the sweetness from the sweet potatoes is the perfect pair. This skillet is finished by cracking eggs into the prepared vegetables and chorizo, allowing them to cook into the mixture to soak up the incredible flavors.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Chorizo Breakfast Skillet Recipe Tips
- For even more chorizo recipe ideas, you can switch up this skillet by making it with poached eggs or scrambled eggs instead of baking the eggs in the skillet.
- Find a paleo and Whole 30 approved chorizo to make this work for a lot of different diets.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sweet potato, diced into ¼” cubes
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz chorizo
- 4 eggs
- parsley or cilantro, to garnish
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Once heated, add the sweet potatoes and onions. Saute for about 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes begin to soften. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the peppers and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Once the potatoes are cooked through, push the potato and vegetable mixture to the side of the pan and add the chorizo and cook until cooked through - about 5 minutes.
- Once the chorizo is cooked mix the sweet potato mixture with the chorizo until combined. Make four small wells in the mixture for the eggs.
- Crack an egg into each well, cover, and allow the eggs to cook for about 5-10 minutes until you reach desired doneness of the eggs.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro if desired.