Serve restaurant-quality appetizers at home with this recipe for buffalo chicken potato skins. What’s better? You and friends get to savor the flavor of spicy wings without getting your hands dirty!
Small Russet potatoes are the perfect vessel for melted cheese, fresh green onions and shredded chicken tossed in hot sauce and your favorite buffalo chicken toppings–this is a recipe you’ll want to enjoy on game day or everyday.
Top these babies with blue cheese crumbles, chives and green onion. Serve while hot!
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 small Russet potatoes baked and cooled
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- chives or green onion, to garnish
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, make shallow trough in cut side of potato to hold filling, leaving at least a ¼" border around edges. Be careful not to take too much potato out, just enough to keep filling from sliding off. Brush potatoes with olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet, bake 5 minutes, turn over and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Put chicken and water in small saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from water, cool slightly. Shred or chop chicken into small pieces.
- Place chicken, hot sauce and butter in small bowl, mix until well combined. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly among the potato skins. Divide chicken into 6 equal portions and top the potato skins and cheddar cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes until cheese is melted then remove from oven. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and chives or green onion. Enjoy while still warm.