We’ve had it with dry, flavorless chicken, yet it’s a staple meal in almost every household. Our butter baked chicken breasts are guaranteed to be juicy and tender without too much effort. Now just get in the kitchen!
With our easy chicken recipe, we’ve created an entrée that’s gently seasoned and topped with yummy toasted breadcrumbs. We also scattered a little butter here and there to ensure your chicken is moist with every bite!
If you’re tired of your chicken turning out pale and bland, give this a try! We suggest toasting the breadcrumbs prior to breading. This will give the finished product that golden brown look that everyone expects from a crispy, savory and juicy chicken recipe. Plus, it adds that extra punch that will earn you bonus points every time!
For a gluten-free version, use cornstarch and gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Butter Baked Chicken Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into halves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter for toasting breadcrumbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs toasted (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour or cornstarch for gluten-free
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into pieces
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Rinse chicken breasts under cool water, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add breadcrumbs and toss to coat in the melted butter. Continue cooking over medium heat until the breadcrumbs begin to brown. As they take on color, begin tossing them constantly to prevent burning. Once they become a light golden brown, remove them to a shallow plate, mix in the dried parsley then set aside.
- Next, whisk eggs and milk together in a wide bowl or rimmed plate. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with flour, dip each piece into the egg mixture and allow any excess egg to drip from the chicken. Dredge in the toasted breadcrumbs, coating each piece generously with crumbs then arrange in the prepared baking dish. Evenly distribute pieces of butter surrounding the chicken and bake 20–25 minutes or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Serve immediately.