Cheesecake with Pomegranate Ganache
You really can have your cake and eat it too. Our cheesecake with pomegranate ganache will trick your taste buds into thinking you’re chowing down on the real thing.
This recipe dispels all of the rumors on the difficulties associated with cooking cheesecake. We’ve got your back with super simple directions for this mouthwatering sweet treat.
The finishing touch for this cheesecake is the sprinkling of fresh pomegranate seeds. Your loved ones will never believe this recipe is homemade!
Cheesecake with Pomegranate Ganache Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and press into 9" springform pan, set aside.
- Place Truvia and cream cheese into mixing bowl and cream together until smooth with electric mixer. Mix in cornstarch, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Slowly start to add egg whites and eggs to mixture while mixing. Beat in sour cream and continue mixing until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter over crust in prepared springform pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until cake is almost set. The cake should still be slightly wobbly when it's done. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To create the ganache, place dark chocolate chips in medium mixing bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream and pomegranate molasses in small saucepan over medium heat until just beginning to bubble. Remove from heat and immediately pour over dark chocolate chips. Whisk gently until chocolate is completely melted. Pour over cooled cheesecake.
- Let cheesecake cool completely again, at least 1 hour. Run a butter knife around edges of springform pan to separate cake from pan. Release from spring form pan and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Cut, serve and enjoy!