We’ve had plenty of ‘blah’ gluten-free goodies in our day. This is why we took to the test kitchen on a mission to make the best gluten-free brownies ever! With the help of Cup4Cup and a little coconut flour, we can proudly say, ‘mission accomplished’!
We achieved the chewy texture from adding Greek yogurt and coconut flour.
While preparing our chewy gluten-free brownies, make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature before you get the party started. The reason is that the components of the batter come together more easily when the ingredients are not cold.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Chewy Gluten-Free Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa, NOT natural
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup water, boiling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup Cup4Cup flour, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- powdered sugar, optional for dusting
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Coat a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with cooking spray then set aside.
- Make certain your coconut oil is in a liquid state by placing it in the microwave for a few seconds. It will harden as it cools.
- Whisk the Dutch-process cocoa, melted butter, hot water and oil together in a medium-sized mixing bowl until completely blended. Scrape the sides of your bowl with a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add sugar, yogurt, salt and vanilla to the cocoa mixture and whisk until everything is smooth and creamy. Add eggs and mix until completely blended.
- Sift both flours over wet ingredients then mix until combined—be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Fold in pecans then transfer batter to the baking dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs are attached and the center is firm to the touch.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before dusting them with powdered sugar. Cut into squares then serve. Yum!
We popped the extra brownies in the freezer and they were excellent super cold!