Chocolate and Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Footballs
Get ready for the big game with our chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispies footballs. They’re everything you love about your favorite sweet, chewy snack prepared gusto worthy of Super Bowl Sunday!
As popular with the adults as the children, we included all the ingredients you love (and expect) from a sacchariferous snack. All you need is peanut butter, mini marshmallows, cocoa-flavored Rice Krispies cereal and white chocolate for garnish.
Simple recipe, satisfied customers.
Chocolate and peanut butter Rice Krispies footballs recipe
Get ready for the big game with chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispies footballs. They're everything you love about your favorite sweet, chewy snack!
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 cups cocoa Rice Krispies
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, gently melt butter over low heat. Add peanut butter and stir together then add marshmallows and stir until melted. Add Rice Krispies and stir until completely coated. Pour mixture onto sheet pan and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Form mixture into balls of equal size—smaller footballs about ¼ cup, larger footballs up to ½ cup. Form footballs by elongating each ball a bit then bringing each end to a point. Set aside to finish cooling.
- Pour 1"–2" water into a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Place a bowl over the pan so the water is not touching the bowl. Add the white chocolate and allow to melt, stirring constantly. When completely smooth, pour chocolate into pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip. Pipe the chocolate onto the footballs to create the end stripes and laces. Allow chocolate to set and serve. Go Team!
Serve these on a tray with a piece of green felt or a square of artificial turf to complete the stadium vibe.
Calories: 228kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 187mg, Potassium: 75mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!