This crab-stuffed baguette recipe is a keeper for sure! Hollow out the interior of the bread and replace it with a crab and cream cheese filling that’s out of this world—that you make it ahead of time is just another big plus.
Baguettes are pretty versatile because of their long length and shape. They can be thinly sliced for single appetizers, cut and split in half for sandwiches or even thick for French bread pizza.
You’ll need to pop the stuffed baguette into the fridge for at least an hour before serving to allow the filling to firm up for slicing. Seal tightly in plastic wrap and it’ll stay good up to three days!
Easy Crab-Stuffed Baguette Recipe
- 1 baguette, 24"–26" long
- 2 12 oz packages imitation crab
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 large celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp dill, or 1 dried dill
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Cut baguette into approximately 6" lengths then use a long, thin knife to hollow out the interior of each piece. Leave a ½" wall all the way around the interior of the bread, removing only the very center. Set the bread aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add imitation crab, breaking the chunks into very small pieces with a fork. Add cream cheese, celery, lemon zest, lemon juice, seasoned salt, dill and green onion. Mix to combine, making sure cream cheese is evenly incorporated.
- Add only as much mayonnaise as needed to bind the mixture together. Then, pack the center of each piece of baguette with the crab filling. Don’t leave any space empty.
- Wrap each piece of baguette with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until filling is firm. Remove from the fridge and slice into ½"-thick slices to serve as an appetizer or simply cut into desired portions to serve as a delicious lunch. Enjoy!
Don’t throw away any leftover bread! Toast it, grind it up and use to make breadcrumbs.