If your only experience with figs is a Fig Newton, you are missing out on one of nature’s sweetest treats. Our fig brie appetizer recipe combines sliced figs smothered with decadent Brie cheese and a hint of mustard, and then baked inside a puff pastry. These little figgies will blow your guests away.
While this easy recipe makes the perfect appetizer for your next girl’s wine tasting night, it’s also easy and delicious enough to keep around for an afternoon snack. You can find figs at your local supermarket wherever they keep the dried fruits.
Fig Brie Appetizer Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 - 17.3 oz pkg puff pastry
- 3 Tbsp grain mustard coarse
- 6 Tbsp fig jam
- 24 - 30 figs dried
- 8 oz brie cheese wedge
- 1 egg whisked
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix mustard and jam together and set aside.
- Slice figs lengthwise in thin strips. Slice Brie into thin 2" long pieces.
- Lay out puff pastry on nonstick surface then roll the first sheet to 12" x 16" then cut into 12-4" squares.
- Apply a small dollop of mustard/jam mixture, followed by a piece of Brie and 3 fig slices near lower right hand corner. Brush egg wash around entire square of pastry. Fold upper left corner to the lower right corner and use the tines of a fork to seal edges of pastry. Place on baking sheet with room in between and lightly brush with egg wash.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and serve immediately.