Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Don’t you just love it when you find a recipe that’s so versatile it can be used as an appetizer and as a dessert? We’ve got just the one! Fruit salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips is the perfect combination to satisfy your palette.
Flour tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon sugar then cut up and baked are absolutely scrumptious when dipped into a crunchy blend of chopped strawberries, sweet oranges, fresh pineapple and crisp apples. Stir some lemon juice and honey into the mix and find out just how popular this yummy treat becomes!
Fruit salsa is a fun way to get the kids to eat a little fruit. The chips alone are addictive! Don’t be surprised if you have to make a double batch the next time it’s served.
fruit salsa with cinnamon chips recipe
- 10 8 in flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 strawberries
- 1 orange, peeled
- 3 kiwis, peeled
- 1/2 cup pineapple, fresh
- 1 apple, crispy such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, etc.
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 - 3 leaves fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together until the color becomes uniform then set aside.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter then sprinkle the tops generously with cinnamon sugar. Cut each tortilla into triangles or any irregular shape you desire. Place the tortillas, sugar side up, onto the parchment lined baking sheets as close together as possible, but don’t overlap them.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Remove the chips from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet. When they are cool, transfer them to a large bowl or plate and set aside.
- Make the fruit salsa by peeling and dicing fresh fruit into small pieces similar to those in regular salsa. Add the diced fruit to a medium-sized mixing bowl and squeeze the juice of ½ lemon over the top. Add the chopped mint if desired, and the honey. Mix well and serve with the cinnamon sugar chips for dipping. Enjoy!