Homemade Yeast Rolls
Searching for the best dinner roll recipe in town? Look no further than our homemade yeast roll recipe.
We guarantee that the pan will be empty halfway through the meal because these are the most delicious homemade rolls in the history of dinner rolls.
The results of our homemade yeast roll recipe are warm, buttery rolls that are easy to make.
Your kids will love them, your house will smell delicious and your family will be begging to have them with every meal.
Trust us, the extra time you spend waiting on the dough to rise is totally worth it!
Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water, warm, 110-115 degrees
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Mix yeast, water and ½ tsp sugar in mixing bowl of stand mixer and let stand 10 minutes.
- Warm milk, butter and salt in microwave for about 1 minute, set aside to cool.
- Crack eggs into measuring cup, add water to eggs until measurement reaches ½ cup, set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar in small bowl and add to yeast mixture. Mix on low until combined, using dough hook attachment. Slowly add eggs, milk, butter and salt, with mixer on low speed. Once dough starts to form, add remaining flour, half a cup at a time, until mixture starts to pull away from sides of bowl. Mix until dough is smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
- Drizzle a small about of oil in medium bowl then roll dough to coat in oil. Cover with towel and let rest in warm place for one to two hours, or until dough has doubled in size. Punch dough down and roll into a ball. Divide dough into 24 balls.
- Place in greased 9" x 13" baking pan and cover with towel. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 20-25 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve warm. Enjoy.