Lemon Sugar Cookies Video
Ever had a lemon cookie that’s so sour it makes you wince? That won’t be a problem when you try these lemon sugar cookies. They’ve got the perfect blend of sweet and sour, especially with an extra dusting of sugar.
For the perfect lemony taste, use a microplane to zest the lemons before juicing. You’ll want the zest super fine so if you don’t have one, just throw the zest into a blender or food processor along with the sugar called for in the recipe.
These scrumptious gems can be made crisp and crunchy or soft and chewy, depending upon how long they’re left to bake. No matter how you prefer your cookies, they’re going to melt in your mouth for sure.
Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
These lemon sugar cookies have the perfect blend of sweet and sour! Make it crispy, or soft and chewy—either way, the lemony flavor is sure to please.
Yield: 36 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large lemons zest of lemons
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- lemon zest, for sprinkling
- First, place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a small bowl then set aside.
- Next, cream the butter and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs then beat until completely incorporated. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice, beating until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls, place on a parchment lined baking sheet then sprinkle the tops with sugar. Press down until they are ½" thick then dust with a bit more sugar if desired.
- Add a bit of lemon zest to kick up the flavor if you'd like.
- Bake 10–12 minutes until just firm in the center. Don’t let them brown if you want super soft cookies. If you like a little crunch then wait for the edges to brown slightly.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on the pan for 2 mins before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
This dough is soooo yummy that I have to make extra to ensure cookies actually get baked!
Calories: 117kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 100mg, Potassium: 19mg, Fiber: 0.4g, Sugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!