Maple Pumpkin Cookies
Our yummy maple pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy and ridiculously delicious!
You may want to shape your pumpkin cookies a bit before baking, as they don’t spread very much. Just wet your fingers with a little water then press down on the dough.
When you’re making your icing, if it’s too thick, add a bit more syrup. If it’s too thin, just add powdered sugar in small increments until you reach the desired consistency.
Maple Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg into a large bowl then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream both sugars, butter and oil together. Add pumpkin purée, eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- Combine all wet and dry ingredients together then mix until well incorporated. Using a spoon or small cookie scoop, drop heaping tablespoons of dough approximately 3" apart onto baking sheets. Moisten fingertips with a little bit of water then flatten dough to approximately ½" thickness.
- Bake 10–12 minutes, remove from oven when centers of the cookies are firm to the touch then allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Prepare icing by whisking butter, vanilla, maple syrup and powdered sugar. If icing is on the thin side, add a little bit of powdered sugar to thicken it. Ice cookies after they have completely cooled and enjoy!