Mini Cream Puffs
These mini cream puffs will wow your guests. What they won’t know is how easy it is to create these delightful treats!
If you want to make the cream puff shells in advance and have them ready for any drop-in guests, bake the shells and once cooled, place them on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer. Once frozen, put the shells in a resealable freezer bag. Freezing them on a cookie sheet before putting them in a bag keeps them from sticking together or damaging the delicate shell. When you are ready to fill the shells, just take however many shells you want out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator to thaw for an hour before filling (it takes no time at all to create the filling).
This is a super easy dessert to have on hand for any last minute guests or for any time you want to treat your family! You can also use this cream puff pastries recipe to create a simple and interesting patriotic dessert for your next Independence Day barbecue!
Mini Cream Puffs Recipe
- 2 - 3 packages instant vanilla pudding, or 1 recipe for vanilla cream filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Mix together pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring water and butter to a rolling boil in large pot. Mix flour and salt and add to pot.
- Stir with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball (mix quickly to avoid lumps).
- Add to stand mixer with beater attachment. Pulse a few times to cool mixture slightly. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Drop by teaspoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake an additional 25-30 minutes until golden brown and centers are dry.
- Fill with pudding mixture using a pastry bag once cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!