Cookie Baby Rattles
Add a splash of fun to the baby shower and convince your friends you’re a rock star chef with these cookie baby rattles.
Our cookie baby rattles are deceptively easy to create and provide a fun, irreverent twist in an era of cake pops, sheet cakes and fondant.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Cookie baby rattles recipe
- 1 pkg double-stuffed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 packages vanilla candy coating
- 20 cake pop sticks
- parchment paper, or wax paper
- food coloring
- 1 bag small piping, with #5 tip
- 20 paper straws
- 20 mint-flavored candies
- hot glue gun
- Carefully pull apart the cookies. Dip cake pop sticks into white candy coating (follow package instructions on how to melt). Reassemble cookies with the cake pop stick sandwiched between the cookie halves. Press cookie gently so stick is firmly in place.
- Once sticks are set, dip cookies into candy coating and put on waxed paper or parchment paper to harden.
- Melt candy coating again (if needed) and tint with food coloring to match shower theme. Put melted candy coating into piping bag and draw baby feet with #5 tip. Allow to dry fully and harden
- Dip one end of paper straw into candy coating (heat in microwave again if needed) and insert over top of cake pop stick. Cut off excess paper straw, making it same length as cake pop stick.
- Attach mint-flavored candies on end of paper straw with hot glue gun (hold in place until glue cools)