Overnight Sausage and Egg Casserole
Give your loved ones a reason to wake up early with our easy overnight sausage and egg casserole recipe! It’s great for feeding a large group (hello holidays!) because we’ve included all your favorite breakfast ingredients.
There’s nothing like fluffy eggs, savory sausage, gooey cheese, and Texas toast to get the party started. Of course, you can skip the sausage and add alternative meats like bacon and ham.
Once you’ve done all the pre-prepping, pop your casserole dish in the refrigerator overnight until it’s time to bake the following day. Enjoy a fresh cup of coffee while your breakfast bakes then serve it nice and hot!
Sausage and Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 4 cups day-old bread, torn into chunks
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease a 9" square baking dish then set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat then add sausage. Cook sausage, crumbling until evenly browned and cooked through. Drain excess grease then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together with salt and half-and-half. Add green onions and cooked sausage then stir to combine.
- Cut the bread into 1" cubes then stir the bread cubes and shredded cheese into egg mixture.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered, for 60 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until completely set, about an additional 15–20 minutes.