Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
This peanut butter oatmeal cookies recipe will have you running to the fridge for an ice-cold glass of milk! The yummy pea-nutty flavor and chunky oatmeal texture add a fun twist to the classic oatmeal cookie. These cookies are a great way to eat your oatmeal!
Our peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe is buttery and soft, but has a nice crunch from all the oats. Use chunky peanut butter if you want peanut chunks to give the cookies even more texture along with the oats.
An ounce of oatmeal cookie supplies almost 1 gram of dietary fiber. Doesn’t sound like much? Well, it’s about 4% of the 25-38 grams of fiber men and women need each day! Oatmeal is also a good source of vitamins A, B and K. I guess we have an excuse to eat more!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of oats into a food processor or blender and grind into fine flour. Add the oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt to the butter mixture then stir until combined. Add remaining oats and mix until evenly incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into 1½" balls then flatten dough in your palm until it’s approximately ¼" thick. Spoon about 1 tsp of peanut butter into center of dough.
- Form cookie dough up around the filling to form back into a ball. If necessary, patch any openings with a bit of extra dough. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the dough balls onto the cookie sheet at least 3" apart. Bake 15–17 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and set in the middle. Remove from pan and allow cookies to cool on a rack.