This healthy roasted chickpeas snack with chili powder, paprika and garlic powder satisfies your salty tooth without the guilt. They are a wonderful alternative to greasy potato chips loaded with sodium and fat.
Chickpeas are low in fat and a great source of folic acid, protein and zinc. Instead of using them in hummus or falafels, we decided to turn them into a snack that your whole family will love!
Roasted Chickpeas Snack Recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Put drained chickpeas between 2 paper towels on a rimmed baking sheet and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas and olive oil in bowl. Place chickpeas in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cook 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Mix together the chili powder, paprika and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle hot chickpeas with spice mixture. Shake to coat.
- Cool and enjoy!